I have seen other bloggers making posts of funny laws in their state, but I'm going to up the ante a little.
I'm going to break one of these laws this weekend. And you're going to help me choose which one.
Here are a list of absurd laws found in Idaho:
- You may not fish on a camel’s back.
- Boise, ID: Residents may not fish from a giraffe’s back.
- If a police officer approaches a vehicle and suspects that the occupants are engaging in sex, he must either honk, or flash his lights and wait for three minutes before approaching the car.
- Bicycles are not allowed in the tennis courts.
- Pocatello, ID: A person may not be seen in public without a smile on their face. (“It is prohibited for pedestrians and motorists to display frowns, grimaces, scowls, threatening and glowering looks, gloomy and depressed facial appearances, generally all of which reflect unfavorably upon the city’s reputation.”)
- Riding a merry-go-round on Sundays is considered a crime.
- A boy may only court a girl after obtaining written permission from her father.
- Children up to the age of 14 must have a certificate signed by their parents to testify that they regularly brush their teeth.
- Idaho Falls: It is illegal for anyone over the age of eighty-eight to ride a motorcycle.
- You are not allowed to sleep in a dog kennel. (unless you are a dog)
- You can't buy or sell chickens after sundown without the sheriff's permission.
- Non-married couples in Idaho who engage in sexual intercourse can be jailed for up to six months.
- It is Illegal for a man to give his sweetheart a box of candy weighing less than fifty pounds.
To vote, leave a comment telling me which law you want to see me break. I'm not over 88, so I can't do the motorcycle one. And I'm not a police officer, so I can't do the sex one. But you get the idea. Vote for your favorite, and I'll post the results on Sunday.